June 2, 2012
This is the second up in a series of floral-focused posts on our blog! First up was roses; click over to the post if you haven’t already.
Today we’re admiring peonies. They can be a pricey flower, but often these lush, full blooms are worth the investment. See how absolutely beautiful they look in the photos below! We’re especially fond of the peony boutonniere, which when white adds a sort of chicness to the groom’s look without being too frilly. And the pitcher filled with peonies? Delightful. Use this as inspiration not only for in the house, but for a rustic-chic occasion like a party or a wedding.
In conclusion, some fun facts about often a bride’s favorite flower:
- 2,000: years peonies have been cultivated in China.
- Regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage.
- Paeon: the physician of the gods in which peonies were named after.
- 50: the amount of years peonies can live.
- The peony is the traditional floral symbol of China.
Enjoy the images, and please… Pin away!