July 2, 2012
Some may say all of one thing is boring, but when it comes to tulips that simply doesn’t apply.
This is the third up in a series of floral posts, after roses and peonies. Below you’re going to see many: a. gorgeous colors b. fabulous ideas (wouldn’t the tulip stationery make for a fabulous bridal shower gift?) c. Pinterest-worthy images.
Some facts about the flower:
- Ottoman Empire: where commercial cultivation began.
- Tulip festivals are held around the world, and notably in Michigan, Iowa and Washington in the United States.
- Tulips are in the same family as lilies.
- 3,000: estimated varieties.
- The Netherlands: so-called tulip capital of the world.
Enjoy the inspiration!
7 Yellow Door Floral Design / Abby Jiu Photography / Via *** 8 Via *** 9 Love Me Do Photography / Via *** 10 Floral design by R.Jack Balthazar / Boutwell Studio / Via *** 11 Hawthorne & Wren stationery 12 Via *** 13 Via *** 14 Jennifer Tai Photo Artistry / Via ***.